Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mood Enhancer

So the post that came just before this was quite depressing, but I have links to funny things, mostly this comic from xkcd (love):The related discussion on Wicked Anomie, Scatterplot, and Law and Letters is great-they have been breaking such questions down by gender and seeing what happens if you use sleep with rather than kiss. It turns out women are slightly more likely than men to regret doing something and way more likely to regret sleeping with someone. Belle also links this discussion about regrets to oversharing on blogs:
I will say that if you do write such a story, do not write the name of the person on your blog that you think only ten people read, because they will inevitably Google themselves and find your post and then know that you wanted to kiss them back in freshman year of college. Not that I would know anything about that. This is called "reverse googling"

Which leads me to my current favorite song on YouTube...this is Amanda Palmer singing "I Google You," a torch song for today's youth from Neil Gaiman.

No comments: