Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh, my pretties.

This is your regularly scheduled Inhabit update:Yes, that is a pre-fab ewok house. As one of the many women who grew up simply desperate to be Leia Skywalker (she had Jedi powers, too, remember), this is pretty much the apex of all coolness. Also, can we talk about how sad it is that the Blogger spellcheck whines about both ewok and Skywalker. Internet company-get with the program.

This is also a pretty awesome example of funky housing fabulousness:It is called a crab house and the wall you can't see that faces towards the ocean is all windows. As someone who grew up at the beach, (for at least part of the time) I think this is far more appropriate to the beach then those stupid sand paintings with shells in them. I hate almost all "art" involving sand. If you want sand to be pretty, make glass with it. Then you can learn from Sudanese-born Nour el Huda Awad, who is doing amazing things bringing together Islamic and European traditions in glass-work and is being profiled by the BBC. (MMMW)

While I'm talking about the beach I should also continue my posts about Muggle's pictures from India, since the last set he took are from the houseboat in Kerala he stayed in last weekend. He had a cook. That means bed-tea. I hate him. I love bed-tea. I want chai, now.

The pictures will be up soon.

Update: Yes, I realize art doesn't have to be pretty and I know most everybody thinks beach art is cheesy, but you cannot imagine the depth of hatred it inspires in my. Unlike tourists-living in a town whose complete existence was owed to tourists actually meant I grew up with an appreciation for them. This fact has recently sparked an entire discussion that I also plan to post on here in the near future.

No comments: