Thursday, July 24, 2008

I have a palate, apparently.

Everyone can just assume that everything on Michael Ruhlman's list of kitchen gadgets is also on my amazon wishlist. Also, I have been preaching the wonders of the cheese and green apple omelet (which I discovered on a whim) for years and finally someone agrees with me. That would be enough to convince me I want this book but Jessica Crispin has problems with the book because, though the recipes are amazing, it reads like it was written by an ADD information junkie. Is it even possible for a cookbook to sound more up my alley?

I want to cook again. I had an amazing banana bread pudding last night and all I could think was that I wanted my version of said desert. I soak cranberries and golden raisins in a mixture of amaretto and bourbon and then I use the fruit in the bread pudding and the alcohol that has been infused by the fruit to make what is basically a whiskey sauce. I'm telling you people it is good and it has been too long since I have made it or my tiramisu. I love tiramisu. The name is so perfectly appropriate; ice cream isn't half so effective a mood enhancer.

No comments: