Thursday, April 17, 2008

Is Vader honorable?

I have a certain tendency to make fun if my WOW-obsessed friends. It isn't good of me, but I am a little annoyed by the way the game seems to demand (and at least when people first start playing it and cannot talk about anything else) a level of immersion that is near total and makes my friends boring when they first get into it. I shouldn't whine about it, because I have a certain tendency to take an obsessive approach to almost everything I do and they are all incredibly kind about it and seem to even find my crazed rantings charming on occasion. However, this strange little blog post on the way honor in battle shapes our ideas of character and why this should be implemented into player vs. player combat in WOW is actually pretty interesting; also he talks about ninjas and Star Wars.

No comments: